As our list of 80 Worst Movies of the 80s marches on, you might be noticing a trend: a lack of sequels. That's because you could almost create an entirely separate list of the worst sequels of the 80s. (You could also create a whole list for Steve Guttenberg.) So until the regular list of bad movies returns from break, consider this a warmed-up meal of leftovers.
Today's biggest losers: Millions of movie fans who wish they could take back all the money we spent over those 10 years.
20 Worst Sequels of the 80s:
20. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982): "And now the earth will run with blood again!"
19. Poltergeist III (1988): "If you remember how the Poltergeist ghouls knocked a house flat, wait till you see what they do to a Chicago skyscraper!"
18. Smokey and the Bandit III (1983): "Smokey's Back! And The Bandit is at it again!"
17. The Gods Must Be Crazy II (1989): "This time, everybody's going crazier."
16. Porky's II: The Next Day and Porky's Revenge: "The Pig Strikes Back!"
15. Rocky IV (1985): "He Could Have Stopped The Fight. He Could Have Saved His Best Friend's Life. But Now, The Only Thing He Can't Do Is Walk Away."
14. Police Academy 2 through 604: "To protect, to serve... and make you laugh. America's funniest crimebusters are back!"
13. Jaws: The Revenge (1987): "This time... It's personal."
12. The Karate Kid, Part III (1989): "First it was teacher to student. Then it was father to son. Now, it's man to man."
11. Ghostbusters II (1989): "The Superstars of the Supernatural are back. And this time, it's no marshmallow roast."
10. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984): "Believe in the beat that's on the street, it's hoppin' and poppin', they're breakin' and lockin'."
9. Teen Wolf Too (1987): "High school was easy. But college is a whole different ANIMAL."
8. National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985): "For over two thousand years, Europe has survived many great disasters. Now for the real test. Chevy Chase & his family are coming from America!"
7. Cheech and Chong's The Corsican Brothers (1984): "They saw Paris. They saw France. They saw the Queen in her underpants."
6. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989): "The Enterprise is back. This time, have they gone too far?"
5. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987): "This is Superman's greatest battle. And it is for all of us."
4. Grease 2 (1982): "Grease is still the word!"
3. Caddyshack II (1988): "Home of the rich and tasteless."
2. Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988): "No Money. Still Funny."
1. Staying Alive (1983): "Tony Manero knows the old days are over - But nobody's gonna tell him he can't feel that good again."