We love this movie so bad we can taste it
It's the 24-year (or "two-four" as they say up in Canada, I guess) anniversary of a true 80s classic. And here to celebrate ...
"Strange Brew" hit theaters in 1983 and featured fictional brothers Bob and Doug McKenzie trying to get a job at the Elsinore Brewery.
Dave Thomas recently gave the Toronto Star an interview in which he said during the early days of SCTV, the show that gave birth to the Bob and Doug McKenzie sketch, the actors always used real beer during taping.
Click here to read the full interview.
Top 5 quotes from Strange Brew:
5. "I am your father, Luke. Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob."
4. "I was like a one-man army, like Charlton Heston in 'Omega Man.' You ever see it? Beauty."
3. "This movie was shot in 3B - three beers - and it looks good, eh?"
2. "If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you."
1. "My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven, this sucks."