Why are Batman and Robin in the 'Arthur' remake?!?
Production has begun on the remake of the Dudley Moore classic Arthur, and here's our first sneak peek at what's going on with Russell Brand and company. Yes, that really is Brand and Luis Guzman dressed as Batman and Robin.
Surely you remember the scene in the original 1981 movie when Moore and Sir John Gielgud dressed as the caped crusaders. Maybe it was just in the DVD extras.
Suffice to say, it appears director Jason Winer is staking out new territory with this redux. But we know more about the movie today than just what we see in this crazy photo.
According to IMDB.com, the cast also includes Greta Gerwig as Linda (the role originally played by Liza Minnelli) , Nick Nolte (as Linda's dad I'm betting), Jennifer Garner (maybe the millionaire's daughter Arthur is supposed to marry) and Helen Mirren (possibly Arthur's grandmother?). Those would all be brilliant picks. But does that leave Guzman as the butler? Guzman for Gielgud. Not sure that's an equal swap, but it's certainly thinking outside the box.
TOP 5 JOHN GIELGUD LINES FROM 1981's ARTHUR:
5. "If you and your undershirt will walk two paces backwards, I could enter this dwelling."
4. "Thank you for a memorable afternoon, usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature."
3. "I've taken the liberty of anticipating your condition. I have brought you orange juice, coffee, and aspirins. Or do you need to throw up?"
2. "Perhaps you would like me to come in there and wash your d--k for you, you little s--t."
1. "You feel unloved, Arthur, welcome to the world. Everyone is unloved. Now stop feeling sorry for yourself. And incidentally, I love you."