William Shatner at 80: 'Kirk, you're still alive, my old friend'
Is there any actor more teased and yet beloved as William Shatner today? He has a movie and TV career that is pretty much unparalleled in this galaxy or the next. His famous over-acting is imitated with much delight, and yet his reaction to it is just as lovable. And after 80 years of life on this planet, there appear to be no signs of Shatner reaching his final frontier.
Let's celebrate Shatner '80s style by focusing on his contributions to our glorious decade. Most of them are as Capt. James Tiberius Kirk, and that's totally rad by us. I'd love to run into Bill today and ask him how he feels. And I'd be crushed if he didn't quote his line from Star Trek 2 in response: "Young. I feel young."
TOP 5 MEMORABLE WILLIAM SHATNER LINES OF THE '80s:
5. "Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes." (Airplane II: The Sequel)
4. "The needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many." (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)
3. "Oh, him? He's harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS." (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)
2. "Klingon bastard! You killed my son!" (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)
1. "KHAAANNNN!" (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)