Worst music videos of the 80s
Can we finally put an end to the MTV tributes following the network's 25th anniversary? Let's face it: It wasn't necessarily MTV that changed the music industry -- it was the art form of videos. (And MTV stopped airing videos a LONG time ago).
And while we cherish many music videos from the 80s (click here for the top 50 music videos list), there are some that are just painful to see.
Five worst music videos of the 80s:
5. New Year's Day, U2: They're riding horses and performing in the snow. Well, not really performing, since there are no amps and Larry Mullen Jr. is holding and banging on just one drum. (view)
4. Heat of the Moment, Asia: These guys weren't video-friendly in the first place. The constantly changing TV screens will make you nauseous within 30 seconds. (view)
3. Uptown Girl, Billy Joel: I don't like car mechanics having so much fun at work. And Billy's face is glowing an odd color -- almost Umpa Loompa orange. (view)
2. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Wham!: Neon "Choose Life" shirts and very bad dancing. Oh yeah, and George Michael. Kill me now. (view)
1. Separate Ways, Journey: Air guitars and Steve Perry in a muscle shirt. What's scary is that someone came up with the idea for this stink-bomb ... and Journey ok'd it. (view)
Five more awful videos: Click here to see a new list of 5 bad music videos.
[Video image; click to enlarge]