Yippee-ki-yay, another 'Die Hard' movie on the way
The nearly impossible-to-answer question: Which '80s movie franchise will end up with the biggest number of sequels ... Rambo? Star Trek? Rocky (yes, I'm granfathering it in)? Friday the 13th? Aliens? Freakin' Police Academy? It could actually end up being Die Hard, though it has a long way to go.
Die Hard 5 is up next, according to Deadline.com, with Noam Murro set to direct. No deal has been struck yet with Bruce Willis (umm, might want to get started on that), but "John McClane" has publicly expressed enthusiasm for continuing the series.
The previous installment -- Live Free or Die Hard -- scored an impressed $383.5 million at the box office, so this sequel was nearly a certainty, right?
By the way, in case you're wondering ... Friday the 13th currently has 12 movies in the series; Star Trek has 11; Police Academy has seven; Rocky has six; Aliens has six; Rambo has four (with another one in the hopper).
TOP 5 JOHN McCLANE LINES FROM THE DIE HARD DYNASTY:
5. "I had no idea Canada could be this much fun."
4. "I could come and find you, kick your a-- and throw you out of your own party. What do you think about that, d---head?"
3. "Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister."
2. "Just once, I'd like a regular, normal Christmas. Eggnog, a f---in' Christmas tree, a little turkey. But, no. I gotta crawl around in this motherf---in' tin can."
1. "Yippee-ki-yay, motherf---er."