'You wanna work at All-American Burger...'
Naysayers say the '80s were the "Me" decade. And what movie character personifies that attitude more than Judge Reinhold's "Brad Hamilton" in 1982's Fast Times at Ridgemont High. In the infamous pool scene with Phoebe Cates, Brad takes matter into his own ... well, let's just leave it at that.
Reinhold turns 50 years old today. Incredible, huh? And you can say what you like about his "heavy-handed" performance in Fast Times, the guy was an '80s icon. Ruthless People, Lords of Discipline, even Stripes.
Jeesh, what would Beverly Hills Cop have been without Reinhold as Det. Rosewood? ("You know, it says here that by the time the average American is 50, he has five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels." Wow, words to live by for you now, Judge.)
But today, for his big Five-Oh, he's all Brad...
Top 5 Brad Hamilton lines from Fast Times at Ridgemont High:
5. "Hope You had a hell of a p--s, Arnold!"
4. "Learn it. Know it. Live it."
3. "Mister, if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your a--!"
2. "I shall serve no fries before their time."
1. "Jeez. Doesn't anyone f----ng knock any more?"