‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ remake to star Rebel Wilson
Get out your trident and shiny new pots: Another remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is on the way, this one starring Rebel Wilson, according to Variety.
“Another remake?” you ask? Yes, the 1988 movie - starring Steve Martin and Michael Caine - was actually a remake of a 1964 movie titled Bedtime Story. (Marlon Brando and David Niven starred in that version. Here’s a clip of Brando doing the “Oklahoma” scene.)
In true Hollywood redux fashion, this remake will flip the genders and cast two females in the roles of the con men (women) to try to hustle a heiress (now presumably a heir) out of her/his fortune.
Casting Wilson is a smart first move, but not even Lady Fanny of Omaha can predict if the reboot will be as funny as the two previous flicks.
TOP 5 MEMORABLE LINES FROM DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS:
5. “May I take your trident, sir?”
4. “His name is... James Josephson. Lor. No, no, no. James Lawrence. LAWRENCE... Lawrence. Lawrence Fells. Lawrence Feings. Forest Lorenston. Low. Lars. LARS. Lawrence. Lawrence. Luch. Lawrence. Tuh. His name is James Jesenthon. Lawrence Fell. Lawrence Jesterton. LAWRENCE JESTERTON.”
3. “Freddy, what I am saying is: know your limitations. You are a moron.”
2. “To be with another woman, that is French. To be caught, that is American.”
1. “Ahhh, Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklahoma!”