Forget Star Wars! A sequel to Spaceballs is in the works
One brand-new Star Wars sequel isn't enough, so Mel Brooks is ready to begin work on a sequel to 1987's Spaceballs.
Blastr.com reports that Brooks confirmed the project during an appearance on Adam Carolla's "Take a Knee" podcast. The film is tenatively titled Spaceballs: The Search for More Money, which of course is the line that Brooks delivers in the original flick.
The goal would be to reunite as much of the original cast as possible. Obviously that won't include the late John Candy ("Barf"), Joan Rivers ("Dot Matrix") and Dick Van Patten ("King Roland"). And it might also have to proceed without Rick Moranis ("Dark Helmet"), who is pretty picky about movie projects he makes time for these days. (Hell, he was pretty much the only person to turn down the Ghostbusters sequel.)
Production on the new Spaceballs movie could begin in 2016.
TOP 5 LINES FROM SPACEBALLS:
5. "You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now."
4. "What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?"
3. "Helmet! So, at last we meet for the first time for the last time."
2. "And may the Schwartz be with youuuyoyoy - oh what a world, what a world!"
1. "Funny, she doesn't look Druish."