'Hey, Kids, I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on its way in from New York City'
Here's wishing everyone in Stuck in the '80s Nation a happy holiday season. Sorry, I don't believe there's a "War on Christmas" so I'm not falling into political correctness traps. I know that we have blog readers and podcast fans in countries all over the globe, all of us observing different traditions and honoring diverse religions and philosophies.
But hopefully our love of the '80s brings us together. And here in Central Florida, where Stuck in the '80s is now located, it's been an interesting 2013. We re-started the podcast with a new co-host (Thank you, Brad in LA). We interviewed the reclusive (and yet super-friendly) Adam Ant. We had an amazing chat with MTV veejay Nina Blackwood. And this last weekend, we recorded our 300th episode of the Stuck in the '80s podcast. Look for it to appear online hopefully this weekend.
Thank you all for continuing to share your '80s memories with me. So, Clark, pour us another glass of eggnog and read today's top 5 list.
TOP 5 CHRISMAS VACATION LINES FROM CLARK GRISWOLD:
5. "Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an a-----e in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer... "
4. "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"
3. "Lotta sap in here! Mmmm... Looks great! Little full, lotta sap."
2. "Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny (bleepin') Kaye."
1. "Hallelujah! Holy s---! Where's the Tylenol?"