Looking good, Daniel-San! See photos of Karate Kid cast then and now
Oh, Daniel-San, you look good for your age. How old are you now? Fifty-one!?!? So that Facebook rumor that Ralph Macchio is the same age as the late Pat Morita was when he played Mr. Miyagi in Karate Kid is fairly accurate (Morita was 52 in 1984.)
Screencrush.com has photos of all the big players then and now from Karate Kid (and a bunch of the minor ones as well). I won't steal their thunder here. But I will say that Elisabeth Shue looks better today, Billy Zabka looks healthy and happy and Martin Kove (who played John Kreese) looks far less menacing now.
TOP 5 FORGOTTEN MR. MIYAGI LINES FROM KARATE KID:
5. "Now use head for something other than target."
4. "Either you karate do 'yes' or karate do 'no.' You karate do 'guess so' ... squish!"
3. "Look eye!, always look eye!"
2. "In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope to hold up pants."
1. "Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?"