'Naked Gun' remake to star Ed Helms as Lt. Frank Drebin (and Enrico Pallazzo)
A Naked Gun remake? Oh Hollywood. It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Variety reports that Ed Helms (Hangover, We're The Millers) will take over Leslie Nielsen's character of Lt. Frank Drebin in a remake of the 1988 film to be written by Thomas Lennon and R. Ben Garant, the same team that brought us Night at the Museum and Reno 911. They also wrote a remake of Baywatch.
Nielsen died in 2010, but castmembers Priscilla Presley, George Kennedy and O.J. Simpson are available for cameos. Well, Presley and Kennedy anyway. Free Nordberg!
TOP 5 MEMORABLE QUOTES FROM NAKED GUN:
5. "It's true what they say: Cops and women don't mix. It's like eating a spoonful of Drano; sure, it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you hollow inside."
4. "I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils."
3. "Jane, since I've met you, I've noticed things that I never knew were there before... birds singing, dew glistening on a newly formed leaf, stoplights."
2. "Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that."
1. "Hey, it's Enrico Palazzo!"