Rick Moranis is ready to make his Hollywood comeback
Whatever happened to Rick Moranis? Is Rick Moranis dead? Is Rick Moranis retired? Finally, we have all the answers. Rick Moranis is alive, rested and ready to return to show business with a comedy album.
The Vulture blog reports that Moranis will soon release My Mother's Brisket & Other Love Songs. It's a comedy album, and it's available for pre-order on May 21. But that's about all we know about it. As far as where he's been, well, we can fill in some blanks.
Moranis slowed down his acting career in 1991 when his wife died of liver cancer and retired completely in 1997. "I'm a single parent and I just found that it was too difficult to manage raising my kids and doing the traveling involved in making movies," he later said, according to Vulture. "So I took a little bit of a break. And the little bit of a break turned into a longer break, and then I found that I really didn’t miss it."
Well, we missed him. Here are our favorite roles from the '80s. (I only wish I could grandfather in My Blue Heaven from 1990.)
TOP 5 RICK MORANIS ROLES OF THE '80s:
5. PARENTHOOD (1989): "A woodpecker came in here, went into the bathroom, opened the drawer with his little wing and pecked a couple of holes in your diaphragm!"
4. SPACEBALLS (1987): "I bet she gives great helmet."
3. GHOSTBUSTERS (1984): "Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"
2. STREETS OF FIRE (1984): "See Cody, I do things for her. Things that a guy like you could never do. Things that matter in the real world."
1. STRANGE BREW (1983): "I gotta take a leak so bad I can taste it!"
Sorry, I never liked Little Shop of Horrors.