See first photo of Rob Lowe as JFK in new National Geographic movie
Rob Lowe can do pretty much whatever Rob Lowe wants to do. Play a hockey god in Youngblood. Channel a womanizing post-college drifter in St. Elmo's Fire. Pull off possibly his best work as a White House communications staffer in The West Wing. Hell, even dress up as Jesus for a Halloween party in Class. But playing President John F. Kennedy? Hell. I'm betting he'll be great.
Natiuonal Geographic has released the first photo of Lowe as JFK for the upcoming NatGeo network movie Killing Kennedy. The film is due to debut in November on the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death. The actor is tweeting about the filming of the movie on his official Twitter page. ("Just saw @ginnygoodwin as Jackie Kennedy in the sad and awful blood-stained dress. Extremely emotional.")
TOP 5 UNDERRATED ROB LOWE MOVIES OF THE '80s:
5. OXFORD BLUES (1984): Chances are you didn't know this was a remake of 1938's A Yank at Oxford.
4. THE OUTSIDERS (1983): Lowe's big-screen debut. He originally auditioned for a role as a "soc."
3. ABOUT LAST NIGHT (1986): Lowe almost got to appear (presumably) naked in a bathtub with Phoebe Cates, who auditioned for the role of Debbie (which went to Demi Moore.)
2. YOUNGBLOOD (1986): Lowe had to learn to ice skate for this role.
1. CLASS (1983): Three other future stars make their film debut here: John Cusack, Andrew McCarthy and Virginia Madsen.