Talk like an '80s Pirate Day: Top 10 pirate movies of the '80s (a.k.a. "They had 10 pirate movies in the '80s?!?)
Talk Like a Pirate Day? No, thanks. How about "Watch 10 Pirate Movies Day?" I can get enthusiastic about that. I'm betting very few of you, if anyone, remembers the top pirate movie on today's list, the John Hughes-penned epic flick Nate and Hayes.
TOP 10 PIRATE MOVIES OF THE '80s:
10. THE PIRATE MOVIE (1982): Kristy McNichol, Christopher Atkins. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to deflower you!" [Check out 'Pumping and Blowing']
9. THE BOUNTY (1980): Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins. "I am in hell, sir! I am in hell!" [Scene]
8. THE GOONIES (1985): Sean Astin, Josh Brolin. "Goonies never say die!" [Trailer]
7. THE ISLAND (1980): Michael Caine, David Warner. "A bunch of a--holes playing Long John #@%&* Silver!"
6. PIRATES (1986): Walter Matthau, Cris Campion. "Holy poker! You son of a double-eyed whore from the reeking gutters of Rotterdam!" [Trailer]
5. THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE (1980): Kevin Kline, Linda Ronstadt. [Please make me stop watching this]
4. THE ICE PIRATES (1984): Robert Urich, Mary Crosby. "I hope no one minds but I have no intention of facing this sober." [Trailer]
3. YELLOWBEARD (1983): Graham Chapman, Peter Boyle. "She couldn't be your mother. No woman ever slept with me and lived." [Trailer]
2. THE PRINCESS BRIDE (1987): Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin. "No one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley." [The "battle of wits"]
1. NATE AND HAYES (1983): Tommy Lee Jones, Michael O'Keefe. "Ya can't trust women - even when they're dead!"