Terry Gilliam working on TV series version of 'Time Bandits'
Among the most beloved cult classic movies of the '80s stands 1981's Time Bandits, written by Monty Python pals Terry Gilliam and Michael Palin. The somewhat disjointed tale of a young boy who travels through time (and evading God) with a gang of dysfunctional little people was maybe under-appreciated at the time. But we're about to get a second chance.
Gilliam has told UK's The Guardian that a TV series based on Times Bandits is now in the works.
"To me, Time Bandits was the most important film in my film career, and still is the biggest success I had in America," Gilliam said during a live chat on the newspaper's website. "It opened the doors to Brazil and everything that followed. What I love the most is it's full of interesting ideas, exciting enough for adults, and intelligent enough for children."
No word on when we might see Time Bandits. The timeline could be skewed as Gilliam said he's also working on another project to be called The Defective Detective.
TOP 5 MEMORABLE QUOTES FROM TIME BANDITS:
5. "God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"
4. "Little things hitting each other. THAT'S WHAT I LIKE!"
3. "Now Benson, I'm going to have to turn you into a dog for a while."
2. "Dead? No excuse for laying off work."
1. "Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it! … Mom? Dad?"