Watch trailer: 'About Last Night' remake set for Valentine's Day release
About Last Night is getting a remake, and I'm okay with that. Let me be clear: I consider the 1986 version of About Last Night, starring Rob Lowe and Demi Moore, to be god-like in the rom-com genre. I probably saw it three times in the theater, bought it on VHS and now own it on DVD.
But this remake looks okay. First of all, we have an African-American cast starring Kevin Hart. It's now set in Los Angeles instead of Chicago. Modern-day tools of dating like texting and Facebook are in the plot. And it's directed by Steve Pink, who had the '80s touch with Hot Tub Time Machine.
And, as you can tell from the trailer, it even includes a few lines from the original flick. Maybe Hollywood is learning a little from past remake mistakes. Look for it on Feb. 14, 2014.
TOP 5 LINES FROM ABOUT LAST NIGHT:
5. "Oh, that's great, Dan. I tell you I'm a thief and you call me a liar."
4. "Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells."
3. "You don't know what love is. You've gotten everything you have always wanted and now you're feeling sorry for yourself because there's something you want and you can't have it. But you had it! I gave you love. But you asked me to leave and I left."
2. "You know what your problem is? Your face. Come on, you're too good-looking. Girls go out with you and get nervous."
1. "Would you stop following me around. I don't want to have to start drinking in the suburbs."