Assistant Pinellas administrator among top candidates for Hillsborough Children's Board director's job
After extending the search for a new executive director, the Children's Board of Hillsborough County will meet Friday to select five candidates to interview for the job.
A consultant has recommended nine candidates, narrowed from a pool of 52 that came from the extended search.
Of the nine, the consultant identified five as the strongest:
• James "Tony" Buntyn, president of the Buntyn Group, an IT security and cyber defense company in Tampa.
• Carl Harness, an assistant county administrator for Pinellas County and former assistant county administrator for Hillsborough.
• Anthony "Tony" Hinen, technical project manager deputy for CACI, a professional services and IT company.
• Melody "Mel" Jurado, founder, president and co-owner of the Profitable Group, a consulting and training organization in Tampa.
• Kelley Parris, director of the Alabama Department of Child Abuse Prevention.
The board plans to interview candidates and hold a community reception for the candidates and stakeholders May 9. The board will then meet May 10 to rank finalists and decide on a preferred candidate.
Full report here.