St. Pete mayor's transition team puts more docs online
More documents from St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman's transition team appeared on the city's website Monday.
The transition team's full and fnal report, which has been due last Thursday, remains unfinished. Officials have not said when it will be ready, as reported in the Times earlier this week.
Here are some highlights from the economic development group's report, which they noted was a draft:
- Use the city and mayor's power to convene public and private forces together to reach heightened goals in affordable housing
- Cement the pipeline of potential workers into high-growth jobs
- Re-invest in public-private partnership ventures for economic development
- Develop a plan to double the city’s investments into economic development by fiscal year 2015
- Set big goals for targeted business clusters
Here are some highlights from the strengthening neighborhood group’s report:
- Restore the neighborhood planning effort and grant program
- Organize a city summit for neighborhood grants, plans and internal operations
- Review police and codes operations for neighborhoods
- Consider consolidating some codes compliance duties with the police department
- Encouraging locals to grow food
To see the full reports from these and other sub-groups of the transition team, click here.