Heath earns win No. 200
In recognition of Stan Heath's 200th career victory Friday night at Bowling Green, we've compiled a list of other noteworthy wins -- as well as some interesting facts and feats -- from his 12-plus seasons as a Division I coach.
Did you know?
* Heath's 200th win against Bowling Green -- a MAC opponent -- represented a full circle of sorts. He was a Falcons assistant from 1994-96.
* While on the subject of full circles, Heath began his head coaching career in the MAC at Kent State in 2001. That Golden Flashes team, of course, finished 30-6 and reached the Elite Eight.
* Career win No. 200 came almost six years to the day after Heath's inaugural victory at USF, a 100-69 win against Florida Atlantic in Daytona Beach on Nov. 17, 2007.
* Heath might be the nation's only active coach to send two players to the NFL. San Diego
Chargers TE Antonio Gates played on his lone Kent State team, and former Jacksonville Jaguars WR Matt Jones was a two-sport star at Arkansas a decade ago.
* As an assistant or head coach, Heath has watched nine of his pupils reach the NBA.
1 -- 90-68 vs. Mercyhurst, Nov. 19, 2001 (Kent State)
50 -- 74-52 vs. Auburn, Feb. 4, 2004 (Arkansas)
100 -- 68-56 vs. Oral Roberts, Dec. 22, 2006 (Arkansas)
150 -- 99-93 vs. Providence, Feb. 27, 2010 (USF)
200 -- 75-61 vs. Bowling Green, Nov. 15, 2013 (USF)