More USF records set to fall in Birmingham
An unprecedented USF football season could become a bit more historic Thursday in Birmingham, Ala. Here are a few team and individual records still within reach for the Bulls entering their matchup with South Carolina:
* Fourth-year junior MLB Auggie Sanchez, who enters with 111 tackles this year, needs 11 more to eclipse the program season record held by Tyrone McKenzie. Sanchez currently stands at No. 7 on USF's single-season list, and can move into a tie for fifth place with five more tackles.
* With another 100-yard rushing effort, QB Quinton Flowers ties Marlon Mack's school record of five consecutive 100-yard games.
* Senior WR Rodney Adams enters the game with 60 receptions, two shy of Hugh Smith's single-season mark. Additionally, Adams' 16 career receiving touchdowns are one off Andre Davis' program record. With 68 receiving yards Thursday, Adams breaks his own USF record for receiving yardage in a season (822).
* With 17 first downs, the Bulls break the program's 5-year-old record for first downs in a season (292).
* The Bulls enter Legion Field with 24 passing TDs this year, two shy of the program record established last season. Flowers has 22 of those, tying the season record he set in 2015.