No. 19 USF draws 4th-smallest crowd for a home opener
Actual attendance for USF's home opener Saturday against Stony Brook was the lowest for a Bulls home debut in 13 years.
The Tampa Sports Authority reported Sunday 18,302 fans actually passed through the Raymond James Stadium turnstiles to see the 19th-ranked Bulls' lackluster 31-17 victory against Division I-AA Stony Brook.
Based on actual figures, it's the fourth-smallest crowd for a home opener in USF's 21 seasons, and the worst since the Bulls' home season opener against Tennessee Tech (18,192) on Sept. 11, 2004.
Here are the five least-attended Bulls home debuts:
1. Slippery Rock (Sept. 5, 1998): 15,006
2. Florida Atlantic (Aug. 29, 2002): 15,557
3. Tennessee Tech (Sept. 11, 2004): 18,192
4. Stony Brook (Sept. 2, 2017): 18,302
5. North Texas State (Sept. 29, 2001): 20,599
Figures provided by the Tampa Sports Authority