A Deal Divas guide for the holidays
Ah, the holidays. For all the frenzy they can bring, sometimes it's also the best time to just be lazy and catch up on things.Unfortunately, some of us still had to work this week.
But that doesn't mean we can't live vicariously through you guys, right?
So, without further ado here's our list for the perfect ways to spend your lazy days this time of year, Deal Diva-style. Enjoy!
- Give yourself a mani. Nail art has exploded in recent years. And there are so many options! Maybe you want to explore the color of the year. Or maybe you can't make up your mind about anything. If so, this one's for you.
- Get your bangs right. Hey, I don't know your life, OK? But chances are if you're a female of a certain age, you may be walking around with bangs. I don't have them myself, but I've learned a lot about them from Deal Diva Katie, who offered some helpful tips about maintaining them here.
- Make your own accessories I'm no DIY maven. But I desperately want to be. I'm always so impressed with people who can be like, "Oh this? I made it." That's probably why a particularly post by Deal Diva Keyonna still sticks with me. She dazzled up an outfit with a necklace she made with her own hands and stuff. Let's all copy her.
I'm not one for many holiday traditions, but I like quality couch-time as much as the next America. So if you find yourself truly in no mood to do anything but veg, check out these fashion-related flicks.
- Devil Wears Prada - (The one you know by heart) Who doesn't like this movie? WHO? Seriously, I was in a cab once and the driver said to me, "Oh, you're into fashion? I just watched a really good movie the other day, something called 'The Devil..." Day. Made.
- The September Issue - (The one you forgot to DVR) Y'all know how much I looooove magazines. I pick them up wherever I go. Can't help myself. So watching this documentary, about the famous September issue process at Vogue, was a particular treat.
- Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's - (The one you've never heard of) Using the word "Bergdorf's" and "Deal Diva" in the same sentence almost seems wrong. I mean, it's no secret that the every-day shopper (ourselves included) just aint on that level. Yet there still are many things in this documaentary still felt surprisingly accessible. Plus, getting a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the creation of the famous windows at the luxury department store was fascinating
After you do your nails, watch a movie and nap (because there should ALWAYS be a nap), you should be ready to burn off some energy, right? So go shopping already. The malls are back open and the stores are already starting to promote "end of year" sales. Here are a few that we know about:
- Lane Bryant at Tyrone Square Mall in St. Pete: Up to 50% off clearance through Jan. 7
- Target: Up to 60% off clearance while supplies last
- LivingSocial: 10% off with the code TREAT
- Kohl's: Extra 20% through Sunday with the code CHEERS on the website.
- Payless: Up to 50% some styles (check stores)
- Gap: Extra 30% sale styles through Monday with the code GAPBONUS
- Old Navy: Up to 75% in store and 60% online, through Tuesday
- Express: 50% off EVERYTHING in store and online, but it ends TODAY.
- JCPenney: $10 off $25, in store only through Saturday