Big weekend sales at New York and Company, Neiman Marcus, Express and more
I have no earthly idea why, but the sales are hitting our mailbox like a punching bag this week. Perhaps retailers are trying to pump in some extra bucks between holidays? Perhaps they're clearing out seasonal stock? Perhaps they're luring us in for ill means, Hansel and Gretel style? I don't know, I'm a shopping conspiracy theorist.
Whatevs. Works out for us in the end! Here are some sales to arm yourself with this weekend.
- At Wet Seal's summer sale, select dresses, swimwear and denim items are $10, sandals are $5, and shorts are $12.50.
- New York and Company is having its semi-annual sale, with up to 70 percent off stuff. Select tanks and tees are $7.99, shorts and crops are $14.99 (see picture) and dresses are $19.99.
- It's the End of Season Sale at Express, also offering goods at up to 70 percent off. PLUS, you get an additional 20 percent off already reduced clearance. WAHOO! Tops, shorts and graphic tees come out to $7.99 and up, and polos and tees are $11.99 and up.
- Nieman Marcus is offering an extra 25 percent off already reduced prices on a bunch of items.
- Dillard's stores are offering ladies sportswear for $29.99, casual dresses for $49.99, clearance bras for $9.99, and designer separates, dresses, suits and junior clothes for 40 percent off.
- Shorts are on sale at Old Navy, and tees and tanks are as low as $4.
- Kohl's bonus buys this weekend includes 40 to 50 percent off Apt. 9 apparel, Croft and Barrow and Sonoma sandals, and 30 to 50 percent off Fiesta dinnerware.
- And finally, free clothes! Brenda Fruster, co-pastor of Kingdom Worship Center and leader of Women of Rare Beauty, is hosting a clothing swap and style advice event from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at 1102-C E. Fowler Ave, Tampa. Bring a maximum of five items to swap, including tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes or accessories. What's left goes to Dress for Success. Call (813) 443-5720.
Deal Diva Stephanie
Photo: New York and Company