Fashion's Night Out Tampa Bay scheduled for Sept. 6 at International Plaza
Right after the Republican National Convention rolls out of town, an even flashier show will roll in -- Tampa Bay Fashion Week! It's going to be a whole week this year to mark the 5th birthday of the event, and we will have FULL coverage for you as it happens Sept. 15-22. Get a peek at the lineup of events now on the website.
The first fashion event of the month, though, is Fashion's Night Out at International Plaza and Bay Street.
The national event is the brainchild of Vogue's Anna Wintour, who wanted to get people out having fun in stores again when the economy was tanking. Fashion's Night Out Tampa Bay gets a little bit better every year, and we always make sure to go. Here is our full red-carpet recap from last year. We kept it very classy in the food court, as you'll recall.
The event, always free, is from 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 6 at the mall. Expect fashion shows, freebies, giveaways, swank lounge areas. In our experience, it's fun to walk around to all the different stores and see what they have to offer. For instance, last year in Tory Burch and Louis Vuitton, employees were handing out flutes of champagne. I mean, when else would you ever hang out in Louis Vuitton and drink champange? Never. Right.
This year, events include:
- A Mad Men lounge by Crate & Barrel and the Capital Grille featuring retro mocktails.
- A fashion show at Dillard's with makeovers and contests.
- An Aveda hair runway show where you can get deluxe samples with a $50 purchase, plus enter to win a $125 Aveda gift basket.
- Champagne and giveaways at BCBG MAXAZRIA.
- Exclusive Swarovski crystallized FNO tees for sale at Henri Bendel, where you can get a free Bendel striped iPhone case with any purchase.
- A three-course menu at the Capital Grille for $39, plus a free signature Stoli Doli martini sample with your dinner.
- Official FNO afterparty at Ocean Prime with live music in the Blue Lounge and specials from 9 p.m. to midnight. The signature FNO drink will be a complimentary Hypnotini made with Hpnotiq.
- FNO-themed cocktails and hors d’oeuvre specials at other Bay Street restaurants and bars.
We'll give you another heads up as the event gets closer, but start planning your outfit and best stalking techniques now. We are.
Deal Diva Stephanie