Five diva-worthy holiday gift ideas
Tick, tick, tick. That's the sound of time running out to buy the perfect present for those special people on your holiday gift lists. Or maybe those special people are still wondering what to buy you.
Don't fret, stumped Santas. The Deal Divas have you covered. Here are five suggestions for gifts that we wouldn't mind giving OR receiving (hint, hint, hubbies):
1. Every diva needs a cute laptop, right? Dell now offers select computers that can be customized in 26 OPI nail polish colors. Typing term papers would be a whole lot more fun on a computer awash in Kyoto Pearl, Princesses Rule!, Up Front and Personal, Dear Santa, Holiday Glow or I'm Not Really a Waitress rather than the standard-issue gray. Then check out this Web site for a fun carrying case.
2. Diamonds might be a girl's best friend, but we pretty much love jewelry in general. You don't have to shell out lots of cash to enjoy the high-end designs of Rachel Roy. Her jewelry line offers plenty in the $30 to $60 price range, including this lovely-but-edgy barbwire bracelet for $38 (at left). Find other unique offerings at Etsy.
3. Make your girls' game night a little more divalicious with the Sephora Edition of Monopoly. "Go to jail" for bad hair days and "advance to go" for a winning shopping spree. Very cute, and very affordable at just $23.25.
4. We already told you about a Tie of the Month Club. Now J.Crew gets in on the year's worth of gifts idea with its Jewelry of the Month Club ($850), Cashmere of the Month Club ($1,800) and Shoe of the Month Club ($1,800). Call (866) 739-5944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
5. Coffee table fashion books are another gift that keep on giving. Not only can you turn to them for your own clothing inspiration, but they also give guests something to thumb through when you need a few extra minutes to put the finishing touches on the holiday feast. Some titles to consider: Who, What, Wear and The Sartorialist (at right).
Deal Divas Colleen, Nicole and Dalia