Fug or fab: Leggings edition
I wore leggings yesterday.
All my sartorial education and common sense tells me this was a terrible idea. Nonetheless, something deep inside made me spend $7 on a stretchy pair of black butt-huggers at Charlotte Russe last week. I feel so ... confused. I need to make a pro-con list.
- They are kind of adorable.
- They make my legs look super skinny.
- They are SO COMFORTABLE I can't even explain. Seriously. I put them on at 8 a.m. Sunday, and I didn't take them off until 8 a.m. the next morning. That's right. They were so cozy that I slept in them.
- They make wearing super short dresses in public reasonable, not sluttackular.
- People who know things say they are more in style than ever right now.
- I wore them in 1990. When I was SEVEN.
They hack my leg line off at the ankle or shin. I am too short for this nonsense. Every metric unit of leg length counts.
- They show every Godforsaken cranny of my rear, requiring me to pray a heavy wind does not come along to betray my tunic.
- It just feels like I'm wearing NO PANTS. I can't rectify this.
- Two words: Lindsay Lohan.
So, brethren, I need your help. Do I need an intervention? Or is wearing an occasional set of Spandex butt tubes appropriate? HELP OR I'LL DIE.
Deal Diva Stephanie
(Photo by Getty Images: Habitual legging offender Lindsay Lohan last week at Bloomingdales in New York. I think we all can agree that Loca here needs to diversify, because the leggings never leave her body. Which, NOW I KIND OF GET!)