It's beginning to feel a lot like ... spring?!?
I know we live in Florida, but really. Isn't a diva entitled to a little boot weather in December?
Minus a cool day or two, we haven't had our usual snap when we get to break out knee-high boots and leather jackets and pretend that it's winter. I'm not complaining about a beautiful week of highs in the 70s, but my sweaters are anxious to leave the closet.
Here's a few ideas to maximize your winter wardrobe when it's still shorts weather:
1. Scarf it. If you have a fuzzy warm scarf, break that baby out. Wool would be too hot, but there's no shame in wearing cashmere over a short-sleeved shirt.
2. Boot up. My personal rule: You can get away with boots in warm weather from November to February, but unnecessary knee-highs look silly any other month. Disagree all you want, but that's my version of white after Labor Day.
3. Rock a cardi. You have no need for a pullover turtleneck. But the lightweight cardigans in your closet should come out. They can help transition a summer dress to the season. And paired with a camisole, you won't be too hot.
4. Blaze with a blazer. All those fashionable blazers that leave you drenched in sweat in August in Florida are now as comfortable as they are stylish.
5. Sport a pedicure. If you can wear sandals in December, may as well flaunt it!
Deal Diva Letitia
(Photo: Enjoy a fall look even if the thermostat disagrees with this tissue-weight cashmere and silk scarf, $88 at Nordstrom.)