The list: Don't shop without it
Thanks to this pesky recession thing, I've become a coupon-clipping force of nature. These days, I stalk the low shelves at Publix for the best BOGO deals. And yet, I let myself get distracted by that ombre sweater marked down 50 percent, when I really need trouser jeans. Bad, bad, bad!
Recession Resolution #1054: The Shopping List.
This spring, I will shop more and spend less. I will scour the sale racks for staples. I will upscale on pieces that get the most mileage. Dear Deal Divas, be my proof-readers. Check out my first-ever personal shopping list.
OFFICIAL LIST OF THINGS I REALLY WANT (AND NOT JUST KINDA SORTA LIKE):
- Trouser jeans: Seeking a perfect fit in a dark wash with a touch of sheen for night.
- Khaki A-line or pencil skirt: My six-year-old Banana Republic classic finally bit the dust.
- Statement pins: My one obsession on the list, the lady-bug pin from Ann Taylor Loft. But each one costs $24, and I can't seem to imagine the look without two. Argh! Am praying for a sale.
- Camis: Add a cheapo shot of color to my wardrobe at Forever XXI. Yellow trend, done!
- Flat summer sandals: Last season's wear-everywhere pair is dead. Sob.
- Red ballet flats: Have mourned the demise of my fav's for six months. Time to move on.
What do you think... is it possible to stick to a plan while shopping? Or is this like the great Diet Coke challenge, a good idea doomed to fail?
~ Deal Diva Letitia