Looking for a thrifty alternative to the usual Black Friday sales? Keep reading.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Hope you're having a great holiday thus far, and eating lots of scrumptious food. I'm here at the office, working on a few stories and getting my Black Friday game plan together. Which is to say, I'm trying to figure out how to score what I know are some great deals out there without having to participate in the usual hoopla.
Look, I am totally NOT anti-Black Friday. I actually have pretty fond memories surrounding the day, which has become probably the biggest unofficial holiday for shopaholics. I used to love waking up before the sun the morning after Thanksgiving to shop with my mom, sister and cousins all day.
But this year, I just don't think I have the patience or will to stand in a line for hours or battle massive crowds at the mall. (Can I get an Amen?) Not to mention, I didn't really budget for a big splurge.
If you already glanced at this year's official Black Friday list, you know that there are going to be some great sales at local consignment shops, boutiques and thrift stores.
- The shops of the 600 Block in St. Petersburg are having sales and givaways from 1-4 p.m., including $5, $10 and $15 dollar boxes of merchandise.
- Goodwill stores are opening at 8 a.m., with losts of deals on sporting goods, Christmas trees and other toys, You can also print out a coupon at www.goodwill-suncoast.org.
Here are some more alternatives, courtesy of my inbox this morning:
- Off the Rack in Largo is opening at 8 a.m. and giving 20 percent off everything and up to half off on selected items. They'll also be having a drawing for a $25 gift card.
- Sunshine Thrift Store is offering 50 percent off ALL clothing from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. And the best part is that it's at both the St. Pete and Tampa locations.
- Revolve Clothing Exchange is having 50 percent off sales at both their St. Pete and Ybor locations. They're also offering some neat perks for their Facebook fans, including $5 off a purchase of $20 or more and $20 gift certificates for only $15.
- Second Image Thrift Stores (locations in Pinellas Park and Tampa) are having huge blowout sales. At the Pinellas Park location, doors open at 8 a.m. and the first 150 people get a reusable tote. And both stores will have sales ranging from 25-75 percent off clothing, shoes and accessories.
If you know of any others, let us know. And come back next week and show us what you scored.
-Deal Diva Kameel