New stores and restaurants come to Westfield Brandon
New things are happening at Westfield Brandon, guys. It's such a gloomy, rainy day that some of you might already be there under the protective comfort of the mall roof. If so, check out these places that just opened:
- GreatGlam.com, which also has a location in University Mall, is new in the Macy's wing. This is far out. Ready? You sit at a clothing bar and browse on a computer. You click, add things to your cart, and a store employee BRINGS them to you. I'm... not sure I understand, actually. Has anyone been there yet? Perhaps I'm confused, but if I'm gonna get up off the couch and go shopping, I just want to look at garments on racks. One element I do think is great is that you can pick stuff online at home and they'll hold it for you in the store for two hours, with no obligation to buy. I've done that kind of thing with Best Buy en route to birthday parties and so forth. I'm going to need to stop at GreatGlam soon and feel this all out. Maybe I'm just not getting it. The clothes on the site look... uh. Busty! Busty is the word. I'm getting so dang old. Where are my prunes? Moving on now...
- Perennial favorite New York & Company opened a renovated store between JCPenney and the Center Court. Huzzah!
- For the dudes (we know you're out there creeping on the blog, just give it up), The Gentleman’s Blvd. opened in the common area near Lucky Brand Jeans. The store includes shaving gear, brushes, razors, iPad cases and... suits! Of course. One stop for guys, makes sense. In conjunction with Father's Day, The Gentleman’s Blvd. is offering personalized three-letter engraving and gift wrapping through Thursday (that's tomorrow, so hurry).
Opening later this year at Westfield Brandon:
- rue21, a staple for graphic tees, hoodies, dresses, shoes, bags and accessories, will open in July near Dillard's.
- For shopping noms, Perry's BBQ will open in the Westfield Brandon food court in July with barbecue chicken, beef, pork, ribs, coleslaw, corn, and mac and cheese. UM, KAY, BE RIGHT THERE.
- This fall, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (sing it with me -- YUMMMM) will open in the former Ruby Tuesday location, and Bahama Breeze will open near the Cheesecake Factory. Love the Bahama Breeze in Tampa/Clearwater. That's pretty exciting. It's Margarita Thirty!
Enjoy, Brandonites, and keep this in mind, too -- the mall now offers free valet parking Friday evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Another way to stay dry as you dash inside to pick up that thing you put on hold at the store with the counter. See? It all comes full circle.
Deal Diva Stephanie
Photo: There she is! Westfield Brandon, shot by Shelley Rossetter, Times