New Year's tips from the Debt Diva
I got a holiday card from Clarky Davis, a.k.a. the "Debt Diva," cartooned at left. She's a financial expert and TV regular we've interviewed before for money saving tips. Her note had some good ideas for maximizing your cheddar this New Year's Eve, so I thought I'd share in case you're still cursing your closet or scrambling for fun, cheap plans tonight. Despair not!
5. No one says you have to go to an expensive New Year's event or party. Throw your own at home with special friends or family to keep it budget friendly AND more meaningful.
4. You can't go wrong with a little black dress you already own. Spice it up with patterned hose or a sparkly evening bag. Trade bags with a friend if you're tired of yours.
3. Create your own confetti by running some colorful tissue paper through your shredder.
2. Find an inexpensive sparkling wine for toasting, or make champagne cocktails to stretch your bubbly.
1. Make your New Year's resolution to set time aside in the first week of 2009 to think about your personal finance goals for the New Year.
~ Deal Diva Stephanie