Presidents' Day sales: Pledge allegiance to the mall
Monday is Presidents' Day. What better way to show to appreciation for our country's leaders than spending some Washingtons, Lincolns, Hamiltons and Jacksons at a mall near you this weekend? (I'd throw Benjamins in the pile, but who has any of those right now?)
Loads of stores are dripping with holiday sales, so those precious dollars should go further. Some of the deals show just how badly retailers want us to spend. Take Mattress Giant, for instance. If you buy any Simmons Beautyrest set, you get free local delivery and set-up PLUS a $200 Target gift card. That's a lot of free vanilla chai deodorant.
Here's a smattering of sales we spotted. If your favorite haunt isn't on the list, it's probably worth checking out for bargains through Monday. They seem to be plentiful these days.
- Prime Outlets at Ellenton: Save up to 65 percent off. We hear there are great deals at the Coach store. And the J.Crew factory store is advertising 20 to 50 percent off select spring merchandise. Print this mystery coupon for the Banana Republic factory store and you could get between $5 and $500 off your purchase at checkout.
- Kohl's: Up to 40 percent off select merchandise. The entire stock of the Dana Buchman women's collection is 30 percent off.
- Macy's: Save an extra 25 percent on clearance items. (See the special ad section in today's St. Petersburg Times for a coupon and more details on the savings.)
- New York & Company: Tops and lightweight sweaters $19.95 and up. Spring outerwear $34.95 and up. Handbags $17.50 and up.
- Express: Lots of items on sale, and you can get $15 off for every $60 you spend. (Make sure to print the coupon off the Web site.)
- Kenneth Cole: Up to 70 percent off original prices.
~ Deal Diva Colleen