Sing for spring with these six trends
Unfortunately, this spring's itch coincides with a downright cruddy economy. That won't keep me from shopping, but it will make me shop smarter.
Here are six fun spring trends. Some of them seem worth spending a little extra on, while others are more suited for picking up at affordable retailers.
Worth the Splurge
1. The hobo bag: Roomy without being the size of a suitcase. Can be dressy or dressed down. Everyone needs a little hobo in their lives, no? Try on this Chinese Laundry bag for size.
2. Statement necklaces: I'm still loving this is a carry-over from '08. Big jewelry spices up solid tops in a way that gets noticed. And this Banana Republic coin bib necklace would be a versatile piece to add to your accessory arsenal.
3. Dresses: Say yes to the dress! Why suffer through hot days with pants or shorts sticking to your thighs? Consider a well-fitting dress as an investment. It's an instant outfit that makes getting ready for work easy.
Seek the Cheap
4. Florals: Springtime makes its way to your closet with sweet floral prints. You might work a mini floral like this Forever 21 top, or get your feet in on the action with these adorable flats from DSW.
5. Ruffles: Go girly with ruffles, but keep them away from spots where you don't need extra bulk. This J.Crew shift dress has a subtle ruffle neckline (and it's on sale!), and this shirt from The Limited is aptly named the ruffle explosion top. Sounds a little dangerous, but we'll go with it.
6. Cool in blue: Bold colors are in. As a blue-eyed girl, I already have a bias toward anything azure. I'm happy it abounds this season and, with declining retail sales, there should plenty of clearance items to choose from. Perhaps we can convince Dillard's to go ahead and send these hot Jessica Simpson heels in caribbean blue to the sale rack?
~ Deal Diva Colleen