Still need a gift for mom?
It's impossible for me to forget Mother's Day. That's because it usually falls on or around my birthday, May 13. Every year Mom gets a better gift than I could ever buy: ME!
But seriously, because the date seldom sneaks up on me, I usually get crafty and make my mom her gift. Last year I painted her a vase at Color Me Mine in Hyde Park. The year before, I went overboard decoupaging a 12-by-16-inch framed photo of the two of us.
This year was different. Out of nowhere, it was May. Then it was May 5. Then, OMG, the week of?!? What to get Mom? (See said mother to left, looking naturally gorgeous as usual.)
Luckily, I found the perfect gift for her at the mall the other day (I won't tell you what it is, in case she's reading.) But my frenzy forced me out of my home-made comfort zone, opening a new world of Mother's Day sales. A perfect segue into Memorial Day sales, just when we'd finally gotten over the buyer's remorse of New Year's sales.
Here's a few we've heard about so far:
- Fresh Threads Designer Consignment boutique in South Tampa: 15 percent off all clothing and shoes through Saturday.
- Penelope T Boutique: Get 15 percent off when you mention "Mother's Day 2012" at checkout
- Why Not Boutique: 30 percent off one regularly priced item Friday through Saturday
- Sherry's Yesterdaze in Seminole Heights: blowout $5 and under sale on vintage items from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- Stein Mart: up to 50 percent off on select items Saturday
- Macy's: One day sale Saturday with lots of deals, including 25 percent off clearance
- Best Buy: Reduced items today through Saturday
I'm sure there are lots more out there. What sales have you heard about, divas? Are you still hunting for a gift for Mom?
Deal Diva Kim