Tax-free weekend sales even big kids will like
Those of you with kids know it's almost time for them to go back to school. Those of you without kids, like me, are probably going, "What week is it? Where am I? Where is my Diet Coke? Where are my car keys? What are kids, again?"
We're here to help with the shopping no matter what your lot in life. Friday marks the start of Florida's tax-free weekend, in which clothes and shoes are, well, tax-free. It's not brain surgery.
It applies to clothes and shoes less than $75 and school supplies less than $15. And there's nothing stopping folks who AREN'T going back to school from taking advantage, so get out there.
Here are a couple special goings-on we found that might also appeal to the big kids. Please let us know what else you've heard about!
- Why Not Boutique, 3423 W. Bay to Bay Blvd. in Tampa, will open early starting at 9 a.m. Saturday.
- Get 25 percent off at Goodwill with a coupon printable at goodwill-suncoast.org. It can be used in conjunction with tax free offers.
- JCPenney stores will open at 7 a.m. this weekend. And if you're feeling charitable, you can round up your purchase to the nearest dollar and donate the difference to a local after school program.
- Print your Bealls coupon for $10 off $50 or more this weekend here.
- Educators get an extra 10 percent off at Big Lots (which we LOVE) with a school ID Saturday.
- Fresh Threads Designer Consignment, 4230 S. MacDill Ave. in Tampa, will offer 15 percent off all shoes and clothing Friday and Saturday.
Deal Diva Stephanie