Tips to a Diva-perfect New Year
Happy New Year's Eve, Divas! Thank you for spending 2010 with us, and here's hoping 2011 kicks last year in the hiney.
As you head out to party like a rock star tonight, we offer a few tips to keep you looking your best all night, fresh and glowy like like those lovebirds Sally and Harry here. After all, no one wants to do the raggedy, beat-down walk of shame to your car come morning (though we all know we will).
- Throw a pair of flats in your purse. Your glitter crusted heels are going to get pretty annoying come 1 a.m. Check out Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats. They're $10 at Target and roll up into a little pouch. And they're -- wait for it -- actually cute. Turn up the inappropriate booty music and get to DANCING!
- Wear some eyeshadow primer under your smoky eyes. It'll keep the shadow in place and prevent you from looking like Rocky Raccoon after a bloodlusty bar fight. I like Too Faced's Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion, both available at Sephora.
- Drink water. You know why. Don't give us that innocent look, Susie Sangria.
- Pack a little overnight bag with just the essentials. Not like you're camping in the Australian outback or anything. Limit it to glasses for when your contacts fall out, and some pants for obvious reasons. Even if you don't have plans to stay the night, it's good to be prepared to crash at a friend's house. Especially if you think for a second you shouldn't drive.
- If you plan to be smooching someone when the ball drops, get your lipstick game right. Before you apply it, fill in your lips with a slightly lighter shade of lip liner. It'll ensure the color stays flawless all night. Also, a light dusting of powder through a blotter tissue works wonders to lock in the color.
- Bring a friend you trust. Because we'll never be able to look at you again if you go all night with spinach dip in your teeth.
Happy New Year, Divas!
Deal Diva Stephanie
Photo: When Harry Met Sally, DUH. Best New Year's movie ever? Discuss.