Shopping Planner: Fall at the mall, plus big-time bargains
FAMILY FUN: FALL AT THE MALL
Mark your calendars: This weekend may be your final chance to kick it at the mall before it transforms into a wintry gift-hunting wonderland, and to celebrate the change of season, Tampa Bay Moms Group and Westfield Citrus Park are hosting a super huge mega fall fest Saturday. You and any little ones will not want to miss what promises to be a gigantic explosion of fun and free stuff. Starting at 10 a.m., the event will include a costume parade, trick-or-treating, interactive exhibits, entertainment, tons of vendors and, most importantly, giveaways. Here’s a roundup of just some of what you can expect:
• 9 a.m.: Fit4Mom Tampa Bay stroller strides workout near Dick’s Sporting Goods. Preregister at tampabay.fit4mom.com.
• 10 a.m.-noon: On a stage in the Macy’s wing, Sell’s Broadway Dance Company, Allisongs for Tots and Dawson Dance Academy perform, and 4D Studios hosts a talent showcase.
• 10:30 a.m.: Wine & Canvas Tampa will begin free painting sessions every hour with the final class scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Space is limited, so get there early to sign up.
• 12:30 p.m.: Kids are encouraged to dress up and take part in the costume parade that will begin in the Have Fun for Kids zone near Dick’s Sporting Goods.
• 1 p.m.: Children’s entertainer Mr. Tommy will put on his show for kids. An encore performance starts at 2.
Stop by the Tampa Bay Moms Group table for swag bags, available for the first 200 families, and while you’re there, sign up for the chance to win free theater tickets from the David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts. Plus, this is the place to pick up a program and event map that will help you decide which vendors and events to check out. Here are a few more highlights:
• Sweet & Sassy Tampa is offering free glittery updos and temporary tattoos.
• There will be free bounce houses, face painters, games and more at the Have Fun for Kids zone.
• Gymboree Play & Music will have demos, games and bubbles.
• My Gym Children’s Fitness Center Tampa/Westchase will have an interactive exhibit for kids.
• Dianne’s FunnyFace Painting will paint faces, bodies and belly bumps.
• Revolution Foods is giving away free lunch for a week, lunch totes, protein snacks, fruit strips and stickers.
• Meet Elmo and Frozen’s Anna and Elsa at Learning Express Toys of Citrus Park in the MOR entertainment area.
• Trick-or-treat at each of the event’s tables.
The event runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Westfield Citrus Park. 8021 Citrus Park Town Center Mall, Tampa. (813) 926-4644. westfield.com/citruspark.
BARGAIN BONANZA: OUTLETS GRAND OPENING
To the Orlando or Ellenton trek required to enjoy outlet prices we say, “No more!” It is time, shoppers. Time for Tampa Premium Outlets to open unto us. The grand opening/ribbon cutting is Oct. 29, and to mark the occasion, we’ve chosen our Top 20 stores (out of a whopping 103) that we believe deserve your utmost attention. Without further ado, run, don’t walk, to these top-notch shops:
• Ann Taylor Factory Store
• Banana Republic Factory Store
• Brooks Brothers Factory Store
• Calvin Klein
• Columbia Sportswear
• Godiva Chocolatier
• Helzberg Diamonds
• Hanna Andersson
• J. Crew
• LOFT Outlet
• Michael Kors
• New York & Company Outlet
• Nike Factory Store
• Polo Ralph Lauren
• Saks Off 5th
• Tommy Hilfiger
• Vera Bradley
Regular hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. 2398 Grand Cypress Drive, Lutz. premiumoutlets.com/tampa.