Gators close out fall "camp''
The Gators ended preseason "camp" on Tuesday, with players moving out of the hotel and returning to their normal living routines.
- UF coach Urban Meyer continues to be disappointed with Will Hill’s development, saying he thought he’d be further along and he’s currently sitting behind Ahmad Black on the depth chart.
- Junior receiver Percy Harvin continues to be condition-only during practice, but Meyer there's still a chance he’ll play against Hawaii.
- There is still no separation between Cameron Newton and John Brantley in the backup QB race.
- Freshman Matt Patchan still didn’t practice, but defensive line coach Dan McCarney said there’s still a chance he could play against Hawaii when he comes back, they’re just being cautious with his strained pectoral muscle.
- Receivers coach Billy Gonzales said Louis Murphy is feeling the effects of the rust from the four days he missed last week with a sprained ankle.
- Meyer is concerned about the second DT spot (next to Lawrence Marsh). Florida will use some three down lineman packages both he and McCarney said. McCarney said the second DT starting spot was Patchan’s coming out of camp but they won’t name him the starter since he’s still not practicing.
Freshmen who lost rookie stripes on Tuesday: Troy Epps, Byran Jones (who’s lost 20 lbs in 20 days according to Meyer) and T.J. Pridemore. That brings the total to nine. Here are the previous six: WR Carl Moore, OL David Young, WR Frankie Hammond Jr., DE William Green, RB Jeff Demps and CB Janoris Jenkins.