Worst regular-season games
Every loss seems like a dagger to the heart for Gator fans, but some losses -- and ties -- stand out more than others. Try to blot them out of your minds, but here are our picks.
Top 5 worst regular-season games:
5. Sept. 14, 1985: Ranked No. 3 in the nation and coming off a huge 35-23 win over Miami, the Gators struggle to a 28-28 tie against unranked Rutgers.
4. Oct. 23, 2004: Jerrious Norwood scores on a 37-yard run with 32 seconds remaining as Mississippi State defeats No. 19 Florida 38-31. The loss ultimately ended Ron Zook's career as coach. He is fired two days later.
3. Oct. 15, 1994: Undefeated and ranked No. 1 in the nation, the Gators lose 36-33 to No. 6 Auburn. Quarterback Terry Dean, touted as a Heisman candidate, is benched in favor of Danny Wuerffel.
2. Nov. 8, 1980: Run, Lindsay, Run: undefeated No. 2 Georgia trails Florida 21-20 with 1:35 remaining in the annual rivalry when quarterback Buck Belue throws a short pass to Lindsay Scott near the 25-yard line. Scott takes the ball the distance for the winning touchdown.
1. Nov. 26, 1994: Florida takes a 31-3 lead into the fourth quarter, but FSU battles back and the game ends in the infamous 31-31 tie labeled the "Choke at Doak."