Chantel Angeletti, whose last leadership role was as principal of Sulphur Springs K-8 School, has been named principal of Lamb Elementary in Progress Village.
Angeletti joined the school district in 2017 after relocating from Chicago. She was replaced in her job at Sulphur Springs in March by Marc Gaillard.
Angeletti’s appointment, which the School Board approved on Tuesday, is one of several that takes principals out of the “Administrator on Special Assignment” pool that had grown as the district moved leaders around.
- Heath Bearegard, former principal of Adams Middle School, is an assistant principal at Wharton High.
- Michael Bobo, former principal of Giunta Middle, is an assistant principal at Shields Middle.
- Richard Shields, former principal of Yates Elementary, is an assistant principal at Booker T. Washington Elementary
- Richard Scionti, former principal of Jennings Middle, is assistant principal of Tomlin Middle School.
- Connie Chisolm, the former principal of Lomax Elementary, is now a coordinator in the district’s Administration office.
- Patricia McCants, a onetime Sheehy Elementary principal, is also a coordinator in Administration.
Some of the former principals are being considered for future principal vacancies, district spokeswoman Tanya Arja said. Because of that, they will keep their current salaries, which range between $86,000 and $100,000 a year.