Chancellor search committee formed
Board of Governors chairwoman Sheila McDevitt (left) has announced the group that will help choose the replacement for outgoing State University System chancellor Mark Rosenberg. Board member Carolyn Roberts (right) will head the group, on which McDevitt also will sit.
The other members are:
- Marshall M. Criser III, president AT&T Florida and the 2008-09 chair-elect of the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
- Dianna Morgan, chair of the Board of Trustees of the University of Florida.
- Rick Walsh, chair of the Board of Trustees of the University of Central Florida.
- Frank T. Brogan, president of Florida Atlantic University.
- Shane Strum, deputy chief of staff to Gov. Charlie Crist.
- Arthur "AJ" Meyer of Florida International University, student representative on the Board of Governors.
- Dr. Judith L. Solano of the University of North Florida , faculty representative on the Board of Governors.
- John Dasburg of Miami , member of the Board of Governors.
- Charles B. Edwards of Fort Myers, member of the Board of Governors.
- Ava L. Parker of Jacksonville, vice-chair of the Board of Governors.
- Hector A. "Tico" Perez of Orlando, member of the Board of Governors.
- John W. Temple of Boca Raton, member of the Board of Governors.
"I have asked them to find someone with demonstrated leadership, executive and management skills, good political judgment and extensive policy experience," McDevitt said in a news release.
The group does not have a set timetable to select a new chancellor. Its first meeting is set for 10 a.m. Oct. 27 via conference call.