- Luis Viera wins Tampa City Council District 7 runoff
- About a third of insurance claims from Florida's 2016 hurricanes were denied
- Democratic Party chair out in angry Hillsborough vote
- Trump sold all shares in companies in June, spokesman says
- 'Horrific' conditions at Florida prison ignored until legislator's surprise inspection
- Red Sox trade for Chris Sale could set market for Rays' Chris Archer
- Rays agree to deal with All-Star catcher Wilson Ramos, pending physical
- Jones: Bucs kudos should start with Koetter
- Fennelly: Dungy supports Taggart for Oregon, hears it from USF fans
- First-quarter accolades for Lightning wing Nikita Kucherov
- Review: Plodding adaptation of 'The Great Gatsby' is a shadow of the real thing
- Cookbook review: The unique cookies in Dorie Greenspan's 'Dorie's Cookies' make for an instant classic
- Fond farewell: Lennie Bennett retires as Times art critic after 14 years
- Review: 'Manchester by the Sea' is one of 2016's dramatic highlights
- Toast the end of Prohibition today with these local drink deals
Education news and notes from Tampa Bay and Florida
Coming up: Board meetings, legislative committees, vacations and more
Tuesday: Pasco School Board, workshop, 2 p.m. • Pinellas School Board, 5 p.m. • USF Board of Trustees, 9 a.m. • Governor's Office of Policy and Budget, DOE and Board of Governors budget request review, 10 a.m., Tallahassee
Nov. 1: Hernando School Board, workshop, 2 p.m.
Nov. 2: Charter School Appeals Commission, 9 a.m., Tallahassee
Nov. 3: Pasco School Board, 9:30 a.m. • Hillsborough School Board, 3 p.m. • Hernando School Board, 7 p.m.
Nov. 9: Hillsborough School Board, workshop, 10 a.m.
Nov. 10: Pinellas School Board, 10 a.m. • Hillsborough School Board, 5:30 p.m.
Nov. 11: Veterans Day -- No school for Pasco, Hillsborough, Hernando
Nov. 17: Pinellas School Board, 9 a.m. • Hernando School Board, 2 p.m. workshop, 7 p.m. meeting • Hillsborough School Board, 3 p.m. • Pasco School Board, 6 p.m. • State Board of Education, time/location TBA
Nov. 18: Great American Teach-In
Nov. 19: Commission for Independent Education, 9 a.m., Lake Mary
Nov. 23-27: Thanksgiving break, Hillsborough and Pinellas schools
Nov. 25-27: Thanksgiving break, Hernando and Pasco schools
Dec. 1: Pasco School Board, 9:30 a.m.
Dec. 3: USF Board of Trustees
Dec. 3-4: The State Advisory Committee for the Education of Exceptional Students, Tallahassee
Dec. 8: Pinellas School Board, 10 a.m. • Hernando School Board, 7 p.m.
Dec. 10: Florida Board of Governors, conference call, time TBD
Dec. 15: Pasco School Board, 6 p.m.
Dec. 21 - Jan 4: Pinellas, Hillsborough winter break
Dec. 23 - Jan. 7: Pasco winter break
Dec. 24 - Jan. 8: Hernando winter break