Overcast73° FULL FORECASTOvercast73° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

Gradebook

Education news and notes from Tampa Bay and Florida

Coming today: USF Board of Trustees to vote on tuition, budget

The University of South Florida's board of trustees meets today for its regular meeting. On the agenda are program terminations, faculty tenure nominations, amendments to university regulations and a preliminary budget.

Trustees will also vote on whether to approve recommendations to increase USF's undergraduate tuition differential by 7 percent, on top of the 8 percent base tuition increase already approved by the state Legislature. That would raise USF's tuition for full-time students by about $600 a year, to $5,806 for 30 credit hours. Total tuition increases are capped at 15 percent per year.

The 7-percent hike would also have to be approved by the Florida Board of Governors, which oversees the state's public universities.

The USF tuition recommendations also include a 15-percent decrease in out-of-state fees for undergraduates, a 10-percent tuition increase for graduate students and an increase in the undergraduate distance learning fee from $35 to $50.

Check back here for updates.

[Last modified: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:43am]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...