Five finalists for FAMU trustee spots
The Board of Governors meets in Orlando Tuesday to fill the last three vacant spots on Florida A&M University's board of trustees. There are five finalists, a few of them corporate heavyweights. The five applicants are:
- Robert Brown, founder of a PR firm in North Carolina and former member of the North Carolina university system's governing board.
- FAMU grad Belinda Shannon, a GlaxoSmithKline attorney in North Carolina.
- Karl White, a FAMU pharmacy grad who is now CEO of an investment company in Massachusetts.
- Thomas Jones Jr., a FAMU grad working as a Texas accountant.
- FAMU biz grad Richard Dent III, now CFO for retailer LimitedBrands.
The final three will be selected just in time for the FAMU trustees meeting Wednesday in Tallahassee, where new FAMU president James Ammons will unveil his plan for fixing the university's accreditation woes.
-Shannon Colavecchio-Van Sickler, higher ed reporter