Hillsborough announces National Achievement Scholar semifinalists
Hillsborough County school district officials announced 19 high school seniors have been named National Achievement Scholar semifinalists, more than in any other Florida district.
The award honors high-achieving African American students. Last year Hillsborough had 14 such scholars.
Strawberry Crest High School had the most this year, with four. In January, the semifinalists will learn whether they advance are finalists and qualify for scholarship awards.
Hillsborough's semifinalists are:
- Bloomingdale: Christian D. Allen, Ashley T. Montgomery
- Jefferson: U’Kera V. Gadsden
- King: Tatiana N. Henry, Amber A. Johnson, Desirae J. Vaughn
- Newsome: Kirby E. Brennan
- Plant: Clarque M. Brown
- Robinson: Evyn S. Brown, Shaneece R. Lane, Justin P. Williams
- Strawberry Crest: Mazeed O. Aro-Lambo, Savannah L. Bradley, Jordan R. Brown, Ayomikun Loye
- Tampa Bay Tech: Jah’Nell M. Sampson
- Wharton: Christina D. Malcolm, Jafari J. Roberts, Alexandra P. Sullivan