New regional superintendent, eight new principals named in Pinellas
Word of this has already spread far and fast, but Pinellas assistant superintendent Ron Ciranna confirmed this morning that Bill Corbett, the principal of Morgan Fitzgerald Middle School, (photo at left), will be the new regional superintendent, pending school board approval.
The recommendation to replace Corbett at Morgan Fitzgerald: Teresa Anderson, the principal at Azalea Middle, which fell to a D grade this year and into "intervene" status in the state's differentiated accountability system.
Ciranna said the following individuals are also being recommended for principal at the following schools (this is on top of recent principal announcements for a handful of other schools). All are pending board approval:
* Maximo Elementary: Randi Latzke, now principal of Pinellas Central Elementary
* Azalea Middle: Connie Kolosey, now supervisor of secondary reading
* Azalea Elementary: Debbie Caven, now assistant principa at Azalea Elementary
* Lake St. George Elementary: Paula Texel, now principal at Bear Creek Elementary
* Gulfport Elementary: James Pribble, now assistant principal at Seventy Fourth Street Elementary
* Sutherland Elementary: Kristy Cantu, now assistant principal at Ozona Elementary
* Tarpon Springs Elementary: Lakisha Falana, now assistant principal at Ridgecrest Elementary
Also, Sharon Wilson, principal of Maximo Elementary, is being recommended for assistant principal at Azalea Elementary, while Kurt Wyne, AP at Melrose Elementary, is being recommended for AP at Seventy Fourth Street.