Pinellas offers school choice applications workshops for parents, students
From a district press release: In an effort to create awareness about learning opportunities for students in magnet, fundamental and career technical programs, the district has scheduled several information workshops for parents and students to learn more about the annual application process.
The district offers many program options and these sessions will give parents and students the opportunity to get information about the application process and entrance requirements for select programs well in advance of the January application period. The workshop sessions will be held from 7-8 p.m. at the following locations:
· Oct. 20, Countryside High, 3000 SR 580, Clearwater
· Oct. 24, Gibbs High, 850 34th St. S, St. Petersburg
· Oct. 27, Pinellas Park High, 6305 118th Ave. N, Largo
School Discovery Nights are being offered earlier this year – high school programs in November, middle school programs in December, and elementary school programs in January. The schedules are posted on the district website, www.pcsb.org.
The district also has scheduled two Information Fairs in January to give parents and prospective students a chance to talk with school representatives. Additional information will be posted on the district website as it becomes available.
Key dates include:
· Application Period, Jan. 7-20, 2012
· Districtwide Information Fair, Pinellas Park High, Jan. 7, 2012
· South County Information Fair, Gibbs High, Jan. 10, 2012
For more information, contact the Student Assignment Office, (727) 588-6210.