Pinellas superintendent finalists all from Florida
The Pinellas School Board has selected five finalists to be its next superintendent. All five are from Florida Districts. The board came to a consensus quickly this morning, taking about an hour to cull the five names from 36 applications.
The finalists are:
- Alberto M. Carvalho, associate superintendent of Miami-Dade Public Schools;
- Nicholas M. Gledich, Chief Operations Officer of Orange County Public Schools;
- Julie Janssen, interim superintendent for Pinellas County;
- Barbara M. Jenkins, Chief of Staff at Orange County Public Schools;
- Sherrie Nickell, associate superintendent for Polk County Public Schools.
See the candidates' resumes and cover letters at this previous post on The Gradebook.
The School Board will meet with the finalists Aug. 27 and Aug. 28 to conduct public interviews and meet with them individually in private discussions. The board expects to narrow the field to two or three candidates on Sept. 2 and bring the back Sept. 8 for a second round of interviews and meetings with the public.