Pierce, other Hillsborough schools get new principals
Thirteen principals were appointed Tuesday morning at the Hillsborough County School Board meeting, including one for the troubled Pierce Middle School in Town 'N Country.
Raymond Padgett, now a principal on special assignment in the district's Human Resources division, takes over at Pierce on July 22.
Padgett, 44 joined the district in 2002.
A Tampa native and 1987 graduate of Chamberlain High School, he served as a technology specialist, lead magnet teacher and assistant principal at Orange Grove Middle Magnet School between 2002 and 2010. He then spent two years as principal of Sgt. Paul R. Smith Middle School before taking his current assignment in Human Resources.
Board members Susan Valdes and April Griffin, who both attended Pierce as children, both said they were glad to see the position filled at the school, which has lost two principals since November.
"Help is on its way and I am really excited about this new leader," Valdes said.
The board approved these other appointments as well:
- Teresa Evans to Chiles Elementary School,
- Russell Wallace to Bailey Elementary School,
- Paul Gansemer to Orange Grove Middle Magnet School,
- Jaime Gerding to Shore Elementary School,
- Barbara Mercer to Apollo Beach Elementary School,
- Ann Marie Perez to Temple Terrace Elementary School,
- Carol Brown to the MOSI Partnership School,
- Anthony Montoto to B.T. Washington Elementary School,
- Tricia Simonsen to Valrico Elementary School,
- Marlou Bates to Oak Park Elementary School,
- Joyce Miles to Lee Elementary Magnet School,
- Toynita Martinez to Frost Elementary School and
- Edward Cristiano to Gary Adult Center.